AIPLA Quarterly Journal 2018 Symposium: Evolving at the Speed of IP
Adapting to New Law, Emerging Tech, and Developing Dangers in Intellectual Property
Friday, February 23, 2018
Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
901 New York Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20001-4413
- RSVP: Email firstname.lastname@example.org and title the subject line “Symposium RSVP.” In the body of the email, please include your full name and current status (i.e., Professional or 1L Student). The appropriate invitation will then be sent to you within 24 hours of your message for you to register. If no more seats are available at the time of your message, you will receive an email indicating as such.
Questions should be directed to the Journal’s Student EIC, J.R. LoMonaco (email@example.com)
- CLE: Free CLE credit is pending, to be offered by state upon request in the invitation registration.
The AIPLA Quarterly Journal 2018 Symposium will be taking place on Friday, February 23, 2018 at Finnegan’s D.C. office. Brought to you by the hard-working GW Law students that comprise the AIPLA Quarterly Journal, this is going to be an exciting event focused on adopting new strategies for a changing IP legal landscape, exploring the practical implications of some of the hottest topics in IP today. Through our discussions we seek to arm students with the expanded knowledge of what it really takes to be successful in today’s legal IP market.
10 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. BREAKFAST & CHECK-IN
10:45 a.m. -12:00 p.m. PANEL 1
- Patents & Personalized Medicine: Connecting Patent Portfolios to Individual Health
12:15 p.m. -1:00 p.m. KEYNOTE
- Shira Perlmutter, Chief Policy Officer & Director for International Affairs, USPTO
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. LUNCH
2:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. PANEL 2
- Nothing “Soft” About It: Modernizing Copyright & Trademark Practice for the Digital Era
3:30 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. PANEL 3
- When IP Reigns Supreme: Exploring the Supreme Court’s Recent Focus on Intellectual Property
4:45 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. RECEPTION