GW Law 10th Annual Symposium on Intellectual Property
Tuesday, May 8, 2018 8:30am–5pm
The George Washington University Law School
2000 H Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052
- Website: https://www.law.gwu.edu/2018-gw-ip-law-symposium
- Agenda: https://connect.mayerbrown.com/152/2105/uploads/2018-symposium-on-intellectual-property-agenda.pdf
- Registration: https://connect.mayerbrown.com/152/2105/landing-pages/blank-rsvp-business.asp
- Cost: Registration is free thanks to the generosity of our sponsors—Mayer Brown LLP, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP, and NERA Economic Consulting.
- CLE Credit: Pending
Navigating the complex and evolving patent law landscape can be challenging, but nearly every business must do this in some fashion. Though protection strategies may differ from company to company, the keys to success are the same—an in-depth understanding of the threats and opportunities that accompany patent portfolio management, offensive and defensive strategies for litigation and a grasp of where the patent system is heading.
Join in-house counsel from major corporations and members of the judiciary, academia and private practice as they explore these issues at the 10th annual Symposium on Intellectual Property. The program, presented by The George Washington University Law School, Mayer Brown LLP, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP and NERA Economic Consulting will feature interactive panel discussions of hot topics and recent developments in patent law, including:
- Hot Topics at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board
- Effective Appellate Advocacy at the Federal Circuit
- Valuation of Patent Portfolios
- Current Issues Facing In-House Patent Lawyers
We will be joined for a special keynote address by the Hon. David Ruschke, Chief Administrative Patent Judge, United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Confirmed speakers include:
- William Atkins, Partner, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Jack Barufka, Partner and Co-Leader, Intellectual Property Practice, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Ed Blocker, IP Counseling Manager, Philips Intellectual Property & Standards
- Kristopher Boushie, Associate Director, NERA Economic Consulting
- Sarah Butler, Managing Director, NERA Economic Consulting
- Tina Chappell, Associate General Counsel, Intel Corporation
- Alan Cox, Managing Director and Chair, Intellectual Property Practice, NERA Economic Consulting
- Sean Edman, Sr. Director IP, Medtronic
- Tanuja Garde, Vice-President, Intellectual Property and Licensing, Raytheon
- Henry Hadad, Senior Vice President & Deputy General Counsel-Intellectual Property, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Dean Harts, Assistant Chief Intellectual Property Counsel–International, 3M
- Daryl Joseffer, Partner, King & Spalding LLP
- Kfir Levy, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
- Deanne Maynard, Partner, Morrison & Foster LLP
- Andrew Pincus, Partner, Supreme Court & Appellate Practice, Mayer Brown LLP
- Jason Skinder, Global Patent Counsel, Software & Services, Aptiv
- Wendy Verlander, President and Chief Executive Officer, Blackbird Technologies
Registration for the symposium is complimentary. CLE credit is pending. Please join us for a cocktail reception immediately following the program.
For additional information, please contact Jeremy Fegley at +1 202 263 3019 or firstname.lastname@example.org.