Call for Papers: Eleventh Annual Junior Scholars in Intellectual Property (JSIP) Workshop
Thursday, May 23, 2019
Intellectual Property, Information & Communications Law Program (IPIC)
Michigan State University College of Law
East Lansing, Michigan
- Website: http://www.law.msu.edu/ipic/workshop/index.php
- Deadline for Submissions: March 8, 2019
- Requirements: Submissions are limited to one paper per applicant. Applicants are asked to commit to attending the entire workshop if accepted.
- Eligibility: Junior scholars who have seven or fewer years of full-time teaching experience
- Costs: Participants are expected to cover their own travel costs and commit to attend the entire workshop. Hotel accommodation and meals will be provided by MSU Law.
The JSIP Workshop offers a unique opportunity for junior scholars* writing in the areas of intellectual property, communications, and cyberlaw to receive detailed commentary on their work from established scholars in a focused workshop setting. Articles will be chosen through a blind-review selection process.
Participants are expected to cover their own travel costs and commit to attend the entire Workshop. Hotel accommodation and meals will be provided by MSU Law.
*Eligible junior scholars have seven or fewer years of full-time teaching experience.
Submissions are made through an online form available on the conference website.
Reviewing JSIP submissions takes time and effort as multiple reviewers read each piece. Before we undertake this review process, we want to be sure that if we accept your submission, you will be able to participate on May 23. Therefore, please double-check your calendars and make sure this date works for you. We’d need you to attend the entire day.
The JSIP Workshop seeks to provide feedback on forthcoming scholarship in order to improve the final product. We do not normally accept articles that are already published or so far advanced in the publication process that further edits are impractical. Therefore, we ask that you provide us with some information as to publication status.
MSU Law IPIC Program Host Faculty
- Adam Candeub
Professor of Law & IPIC Program Director
- Sean A. Pager
Professor of Law & IPIC Program Associate Director
- Jennifer Carter-Johnson
Associate Professor of Law & IPIC Program Associate Director
- James Chen
Justin Smith Morrill Chair in Law
- David Blankfein-Tabachnick
Associate Professor of Law
Contact Sean Pager at email@example.com for more information.